Saturday 17 August 2013

The joys of med school


My boyfriend’s father is currently in the process of buying a holiday house in France. My day dreams of long and numerous holidays lazing in the French countryside were rudely dashed however, when I found out that over the next 3 years at medical school I get a grand total of 2 weeks off in summer and 2 weeks off over Christmas. Erm, what happened to Easter?? Adding to this, the nature of my boyfriend’s job means that he can’t take any leave off over Christmas and it’s very difficult for him to take leave in the summer months so we’re going to have hardly any time off together over the next few years :(. I wish money was less of an issue so that I could have spent this one proper summer break on long holidays and relaxing (like many of my classmates) instead of working!

No comments:

Post a Comment