Tuesday 12 February 2013

Chance Encounters


My first chance encounter was when I was sat in our uni canteen. I was waiting for my friend, who was buying lunch, to join me when this older man comes up and sits next to me. He says “I hope you don’t mind me joining you” and then proceeds to tell me that he’s a visiting lecturer and was waiting for his contact at the uni to come collect him. We ended up having a really interesting conversation comparing our universities and he told me about interesting recent discoveries in the role aspirin might play in preventing and treating certain cancers! When he first came up to me I was a bit on my guard as its not every day that old men come and sit next to you, but he turned out to be lovely. I was disappointed that he didn’t turn out to be my lecturer for the afternoon!

The second encounter of my week really was a very random chance encounter. I was on the train travelling home for the weekend when a man came and sat next to me as that was his reserved seat. We got talking and it turned out that he was also a Pharmacist who had worked in hospital pharmacy and was also now in his first year of a graduate entry medicine course! I mean what are the chances of meeting someone in the exact same (not exactly common) situation as me! Unfortunately we didn’t have long to talk as I had to change trains but it was fun meeting him and comparing courses/exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment