Tuesday 7 May 2013

Update


Hi,

My apologies for not updating in a while. Time’s just ran away from me recently! Not too much has been happening lately though. We had a few weeks off for Easter which was nice. I didn’t do too much, just a bit of revision and some Pharmacy shifts. This is the last week of our term for this year (!), so we’re mostly just having revision/review lectures, rather than learning new material. This first year of university has gone so so fast!  My first exam is in just over 3 weeks time. Most of my revision notes are up to date, but I still have a lot of learning to do. I haven’t got the exam stress yet, but I’m sure it’ll hit soon. I really really hope that I manage to pass these exams ok.

We had some fresh lower limb specimens to learn from the other day. I didn’t really enjoy the session too much because of a few reasons. The specimens looked as though they came from elderly people, which made me think of my grandparents which was a bit disturbing. I also don’t find that I personally learn very well from plastinations/specimens, I learn better from sitting down and just reading over everything by myself. Additionally, because the room is quite crowded I can’t properly hear the demonstrator or see the specimen half of the time. When I came home after this session though, my boyfriend’s response when I told him that we’d had fresh specimens was “Aw, isn’t that sweet that someone’s last wish was that you’d learn lots from their body”. This made me think differently about the session, and feel a bit guilty that I’d complained a little bit and hadn’t found it that useful.

I’ve been enjoying the nice weather we’ve been having the last few days, though it does make it harder to sit down and revise! There’s always things going on when the weather’s nice and my boyfriend doesn’t always understand that sometimes I have to be boring and stay at home and work instead of going out and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment